World of George

ALL GEORGE, ALL THE TIME

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

On the subject of Christmas music, led me add The Rovers' "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" to the list of approved tunes, although even that will be unbearable by the 25th. As well, although the clips I've heard tell me the tunes are dreadful, the cover of Diana Krall's Christmas album, first viewed today, joins Mariah in the holiday hall of fame. One of my co-workers told me to check it out, and I found it on the web while she waited by my desk. When she said isn't the picture horrible, I told her that it actually put me in a very giving mood.

I think I was set up.

Here's the picture: http://www.dianakrall.com/

By the way, I happen to own two Diana Krall albums and enjoy them as a change of pace. And her husband is my all-time favorite musician. But Elvis could do a Christmas album and I wouldn't go near it. I have his country and classical CDs, plus the one he did with an opera singer, so you can tell I am a serious fan, but I draw the line at a new wave "Jingle Bells".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home