World of George

ALL GEORGE, ALL THE TIME

Friday, November 11, 2005

At breakfast this morning, my seven-year-old was singing, "You're so pretty, you're so pretty", so I joined in with the "pretty vacant" at the end of the line. She asked what vacant meant and I told her, and she wasn't as impressed by the song anymore, although she kept singing it, with the "vacant" added on. I then told her it was by the Sex Pistols, and she made an "isn't that gross" face, but kept on singing. I may not be the best dad, and I might not be the coolest (although, actually, I think I am). But how many seven-year olds sing Sex Pistols songs at breakfast only from having heard their dad singing it around the house? Whatever things I'm doing wrong, exposing them to crappy music isn't among them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home